Welcome to Retiree Connection, Northrop Grumman's website for retired employees and their dependents.
Important Changes to Retiree Medicare Supplemental Coverage
Effective August 1, 2014, retirees who are age 65 and older and their age 65 and older dependents will access Medicare supplemental insurance plans in a new way.
Some key points:
- Effective August 1, 2014, for post-65 retirees and dependents, medical and prescription drug coverage will no longer be provided under the Northrop Grumman Retiree Medical Plan. Instead, they will have access to a large selection of Medicare Supplemental coverage options through Towers Watson's OneExchange.
- Towers Watson's OneExchange has licensed benefits experts to provide individualized support. Our retirees will be participating in a private exchange, owned and operated by Towers Watson. It is not a public federal or state exchange.
- The company will continue to provide a subsidy to those retirees who currently receive a subsidy for medical insurance, through Towers Watson's OneExchange Retiree Health Reimbursement Arrangement (RHRA).
- Post-65 retirees will also now have access to dental and vision insurance plan options.
- Enrollment for these new individual plans will be held from May through July. Plans become effective August 1.
- All retirees/dependents over 65 must enroll in one of the new plans if they wish to continue to receive Medicare Supplemental coverage and/or prescription drug coverage after July 1, 2014.
- Medical and prescription drug coverage under the Northrop Grumman Retiree Medical Plan will continue for eligible retirees and dependents under age 65. At 65, medical and prescription drug coverage under the Northrop Grumman Retiree Medical Plan ends and retirees will enroll in medical and prescription drug plan under this new approach.
If you would like more information about this change, please contact Towers Watson's One Exchange t 1-855-832-0976 or visit https://medicare.oneexchange.com/NGC.
Northrop Grumman Retiree Medical Plan
To view health plan benefit summaries and find links to the health plan carrier websites, go the Retiree Providers 2014 page. You may also view benefit summaries and compare your plan options by logging on to My Benefits Access.
For other resources available to our retirees, visit the Alumni building on the You U campus.