Virgin Pulse is a program designed to promote and support a healthy lifestyle, by providing an innovative and fun way to encourage, measure and reward physical activity.
Besides the many physical and emotional health benefits associated with increased physical activity, if you are eligible and register for Virgin Pulse HealthMiles you will:
- receive a free pedometer, called a Max (prior to 7/1/14 participants received a GoZone)
- have the opportunity to participate in challenges with coworkers
- be able to track daily steps and other activities
- receive a variety of health tips
- be rewarded with up to $150 in gift cards per year for achieving milestones
Register at: http://join.virginpulse.com/ngc
- Who is eligible to participate in Virgin Pulse HealthMiles? Active employees, and their spouses or domestic partners, who are enrolled in a Northrop Grumman Health Plan medical plan option*,are eligible to participate in the Virgin Pulse program at Northrop Grumman.
- How do I register? You and your eligible spouse/domestic partner can sign up at http://join.virginpulse.com/ngc. Information required at registration includes name, date of birth and address. Should you need to call Virgin Pulse for assistance, you may be asked for your Northrop Grumman MyID -- your spouse would use your MyID plus the letter S. Exception: If your covered spouse also works for Northrop Grumman, (or previously worked for Northrop Grumman), they will use their own MyID.
- I've registered -- now what?
- Log in to the Virgin Pulse members page, to set up your account settings.
- From there, download the Sync software from the Virgin Pulse Software Download page and choose which device you are using (Max or GoZone). The software must be downloaded to your non-Northrop Grumman, personal home computer. (Software is not authorized for use on Northrop Grumman work computers.) You will need the software installed to upload your steps from your Max to your Virgin Pulse account.
- Activate your Max
as soon as you receive it in the mail. (Step-by-step instructions are available in the Max User Guide.) The sooner you activate your Max, the sooner you’ll be tracking your activity, uploading your steps and earning HealthMiles and rewards.
- Get moving – you’ll soon forget what being inactive felt like!
- How do I earn rewards? Your steps and other tracked activities are converted to HealthMiles, which are like reward points you receive for active participation in the program. Those HealthMiles help you to earn HealthCash, (the "currency" for achieving and earning a certain number of HealthMiles for each level). The HealthCash you earn is redeemable for up to $150 in gift cards per year. Your participating spouse/domestic partner can also earn up to $150 in gift cards per year for their participation in the program.
All HealthCash rewards earned for attaining each level, (up to $150 per year), is considered imputed income and will be taxed accordingly. The rewards your spouse (or domestic partner) earns will also be taxed, and reported as imputed income on your paycheck. You will be taxed on the HealthCash rewards as you earn them, not as you redeem them.
- What are the "levels" and what can I earn for reaching them? You can earn HealthCash, that you can redeem for gift cards,as follows:
$0 when you are in Level 1 (0 - 5,999 HealthMiles)
$25 when you reach Level 2 (6,000 - 11,999 HealthMiles)
$25 when you reach Level 3 (12,000 - 20,999 HealthMiles)
$50 when you reach Level 4 (21,000 - 32,999 HealthMiles)
$50 when you reach Level 5 (33,000+ HealthMiles)
- What about those gift cards? Your HealthCash can be redeemed for gift cards from more than 50 well-known retailers, such as Amazon.com, AMC Theatres, Best Buy, Crate and Barrel, Home Depot, Pier 1, Target and Toys R Us.
- Do you have any tips?
- Put on your Max (or GoZone) first thing every morning and wear it every single day!
- Upload your steps and visit your LifeZone at least twice a week - you get extra HealthMiles for doing that.
- Challenge your spouse and/or co-workers, and participate in the challenges you're asked to join. All that competition really encourages you to get as many steps as you can.
- Walk your dog - your dog will love it (and you!), and you'll be earning HealthMiles!
- Walk in place when standing and pace when you're on the phone.
- Park farther away from the door to your office, grocery store or mall.
- Take the stairs whenever you can.
- Have fun getting healthy -- the world is now your workout!
For more program details, please review the FAQ documents at the top of this page.
*Note: Electronic Systems Represented employees at the Baltimore site and employees enrolled in the TRICARE Supplement option are ineligible to participate. Employees covered under some other Union-sponsored health plans or recent acquisition plans may also be ineligible. Please refer to your Summary Plan Description for further details.