Tobacco Cessation Program
At Northrop Grumman, our goal is to provide you with the resources and access to health services you need when you need them. If you are a tobacco user, you already know that one of the best things you can do for your health is to quit. That' s why we have partnered with the Quit For Life® Program.
Quit for Life provides one-on-one telephone-based treatment sessions with a professional Quit Coach. Quit For Life is available to all employees, spouses, and dependents over 18 enrolled in a Northrop Grumman Health Plan medical option. In order to become a participant in the Quit For Life Program, you must enroll by contacting Quit for Life directly.
When you register, you will receive at no cost:
- Phone-based treatment sessions scheduled at your convenience
- Unlimited toll-free telephone access to quit coaches for duration of treatment
- Delivery of recommended nicotine replacement products (e.g. the patch, gum)
- A Quit Kit of materials designed to help you stay on track between calls
- Recommendations on type, dose, and duration of prescription medication if appropriate, in consultation with your physician. (Coverage for prescription medication is covered, if at all, in accordance with the terms of the medical portion of your plan)
- Access to Web Coach™, an interactive website
And if you are concerned about potential weight gain as you attempt to quit tobacco, Northrop Grumman has added a valuable “weight calls” option to the program. This means that you can take advantage of an additional 3 calls from specially trained quit coaches to specifically address the apprehension with weight gain. These supplemental sessions will help you to focus on the task at hand—becoming tobacco free.
Additional information and registration is available by calling 1-866-784-8454, or online at the Quit for Life website.
You can also review the Quit for Life brochure for more information.